Myanmar earthquake toll crosses 3,000
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Highlights
The Associated Press |
The death toll from the massive earthquake that hit Myanmar nearly a week ago rose Thursday to 3,085 as search and rescue teams found more bodies, the military-led government said, and humanitarian a...
Reuters |
Myanmar's ostracised leader Min Aung Hlaing will leave his disaster-stricken country on Thursday for a rare trip to a regional summit, state TV said, as aid groups called for restrictions to be eased...
BBC |
Myanmar has observed one minute of silence to mourn those who died from last week's magnitude 7.7 earthquake that killed more than 2,700 people in the country.
Read more on News Digest
The surprise announcement by the unelected government said the halt in fighting would run until April 22 to show compassion for people affected by last week's quake.
S ince March 28th, when a powerful earthquake shook Myanmar’s central heartlands, the country’s brutal junta has tried to show the world its softer side. Min Aung Hlaing, its leader, has visited survivors in a hospital and asked foreigners to send help.
1don MSN
Here’s what to know about the challenges from the natural disaster—compounded by ongoing civil war—and where the country could go from here.
Buildings in Myanmar are continuing to collapse five days after a powerful earthquake struck the country, creating perilous conditions for rescuers as they attempt to extricate survivors from the rubble.
At least three hospitals in the country are out of service, according to the World Health Organisation, three days after a powerful earthquake hit the country.
Explore more
The head of Myanmar’s military government arrived in Thailand in a rare international trip as his country recovers from a devastating earthquake that killed thousands.
Senior General Min Aung Hlaing, who has long been treated like a pariah on the global stage, is visiting Bangkok barely a week after an earthquake that killed at least 3,000 people in his country.